Author Topic: Issues With The New Patch  (Read 3080 times)

Blue27

• View Profile
Issues With The New Patch
on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:59 AM
The new patch is promising, but I feel it has introduced some serious flaws and failed to correct the most annoying part of this game. The level up system should not include stat increases. It was hard enough for new players without the antagonist suddenly having higher stats than them. In addition, the stat that increases your resistance to player bullet damage has made fighting other players less fun. It feels like I am shooting rubber bullets when I fire at a high level opponent, and it will only get worse as people continue to level up. I hope my guns won't feel so weak once I get advanced blueprints, but that brings me to my second major issue with the new patch. You still have to roll again other players for blueprints.

Rolling against other players is probably the most hated part of raiders. It should have been removed with this patch. Blueprints seem to be slightly more common now, but you need more blueprints than before since every time you upgrade a weapon in the forge it consumes a blueprint. This leads to more players choosing to roll for blueprints which makes them harder than ever to get. As I noted above, if you don't use an advanced blueprint to upgrade a weapon, it feels incredibility weak due to the new armor stat. Weakening ranged weapons has made melee combat more important, but unfortunately, melee combat in this game is pretty simple and absolutely awful if you don't have a great connection to the host (as any antag player will tell you). This game would be better without the increased stats and blueprint lottery.

Despite the above complaints, I still enjoy this game and hope it can find a larger player base.

Ronyn

• View Profile
Re: Issues With The New Patch
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:59:49 AM
Hi I'm very new to the game. When I complete I mission it should help me level up right?
So far I get gold at the end but I never gain a single bit of experience. Am I missing something?

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:02 AM
Hi I'm very new to the game. When I complete I mission it should help me level up right?
So far I get gold at the end but I never gain a single bit of experience. Am I missing something?

Hi Ronyn!

That sounds like you're playing on "SOLO" mode. To gain EXP and other rewards you have to play Multiplayer matches (Raider or Antago).

Little trick: if you want to play as antago in some level, you have to complete it as Raider first, but it counts too if you complete in SOLO.

Hope you're enjoying the game!

MonsieurSamson

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 01:04:34 PM
I'm new to the game (PS4) and for now I like most of it.
The only thing I really hate is to have to compete with teammates to get a Blueprint.
This is the most frustrating system I've ever seen in a game.
If I understand correctly, there are 4 differents weapons for each character, and each weapon needs around 4 blueprints to be fully upgraded, right ?
That makes loooots of blueprints to get, right ? So why do you think there's a need to limit access to Blueprints so much ?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:23 PM
A weapon only requires one blueprint to be upgraded to the best you can get it at your level.  (Your forge rank.) I am just getting one gun per character I want to use to upgrade now, and the rest to stockpile for times when I need/want them.

MonsieurSamson

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 06:32:49 PM
I'm lvl15, and I've finally gotten a blueprint to upgrade Lycus (my main) default weapon...I only got it because other teammates did't roll for it (thanks guys!)...after a week of unsuccessful games/drops/rolls.

I love the game, but the weapon upgrade mecanism sure is frustrating.