Author Topic: Community Events  (Read 1974 times)

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Community Events
on: October 06, 2018, 04:34:45 AM
Anyone that played ME3MP knows that one of the best parts of that game was the community events. Spacelords has a lot in common with ME3MP so it would make sense to have community events as well.

These could be as simple as a community challenge to kill Kuzman (In Shock & Upside Down) a specific number of times over a weekend, or themed events like #@€! You Schneider where we have to try and score as high as possible on In Media Res & Double Agent. There could even be special modifiers like vampire where you have to takedown an enemy every 30s or you health bleeds, or a slow but unkillable worm that follows players and OHKOs them if they remain stationary too long (these would be map specific of course). The goal is to make it fun but challenging so MSE could really mix things up. As for rewards, it really comes down to how well MSE can track in-game stats and reward the community for completing predetermined goals.

Another potential community event could be a weekly mission where MSE selects a specific mission and gives the community 4 raiders with preconfigured loadouts and lets them compete for the highest score. This would let players try out new characters and weapons and even some rare cards. This mission could also have a fixed MMR and no antag so MSE could control the difficulty as needed. This could also serve to collect data to better balance the game. Rewards would be given at the end of each week and would be based on your best score (although the mission would give high faction points and high gold like every other mission for each attempt).

Lastly, I'd like to propose monthly challenges for a special play list that guarantees an antag will be present. This play list would either be general (you only get to queue for it, no picking specific missions) or it could be split by campaign. You simply queue as an raider or antag and the game does the rest. The challenges track wins, player kills & assists, and anything else MSE can monitor. The rewards could be based on completing each challenge/milestone  (i.e. Kills I, II, III, IV, V) so the more you complete the more rewards you unlock. If you unlock all of them there could even be a special cosmetic or UI feature (name plate, rank icon, etc.) unlocked.

The goal is to get the community involved and grinding but to make it fun! Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:37:02 AM by Hiero_Glyph »

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Community Events
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:31:05 PM
That's a great idea man! this should definitely be implemented. The community since Spacelords launch has increased significantly so this feature would benefit greatly from that. Thumbs ups

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Community Events
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:08:44 PM
Hi Hiero_Glyph!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. This is a great idea and we would like to implement it very soon! Actually, we organized an event called Killfest the last year with a similar approach. We'll let you guys know if we launch a community event ;)

Best,

Karen