Author Topic: Space lords is not fun anymore  (Read 4661 times)

IRON1K

• View Profile
Space lords is not fun anymore
on: October 18, 2018, 03:08:53 AM
Now many of you know that when you see mentor match be given for you, you already know that you cant use the characters you wanna use because you are gonna be facing with new people who have no clue how to use their abilities nor how to interact with items. Now that's understandable an all but the real problem is that the enemies go off of your level specifically. Yes people can argue that it's a team level but we all know that it doesn't feel like it.  On top of that you have to play that mission because there's a rare blueprint on that mission and you already met the requirements, now you just need to get it. Too bad cause you failed the mission, why? Because your teammates kept on dying or kept getting you killed. Now you gotta win 3 or 2 more missions and try again. Now this not the new players fault. It's the dumb system, because a level 1 is forced to take on lvl 100 enemies. This isn't fun for the newbie or the veteran, and this is what makes veterans not wanna play with new people. I dont find space lords fun anymore. Thoughts?

pululon

• View Profile
Re: Space lords is not fun anymore
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 11:39:25 AM
I founded that the mentor match has a low difficulty, like 20 to 30, so the mission isn't that hard, and if is there an antagonist, the enemies are dumber and weaker (2 hits and get rid of a big elite)... I played a lot of mentor match lately, and if I feel that I don't want to play it on certain levels, I just click cancel when popup... What I would change is not let antagonist in mentor matches, and if you lose the reward, this one doesn't disappear, maybe a +20% in the reward chances... and some extra gold... I'm not the best player in the game and I was scoring from 7 to 9 in mentor match, with a lot of laughs, and 1 or 2 baby Harecs doing their stuff...

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 03:36:54 PM
Yea in my experience pressing cancel on mentor match isn't enough. The next one that pops up is another mentor match becasue the same people are still looking for a match. And this happens when I need to play this specific mission for a blueprint. I never just quick play spacelords. I really want to murder every toddler level (1-10) player that picks a Harec.

The game is getting annoying. I'm either dealing with low levels who don't know how to play and I can't properly communicate with them or I'm playing with high levels who are tanking missions to lower their MMR so they can have it easier as an Antagonist. And I only started playing a month and a half ago.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 11:26:04 PM
Yea in my experience pressing cancel on mentor match isn't enough. The next one that pops up is another mentor match becasue the same people are still looking for a match. And this happens when I need to play this specific mission for a blueprint. I never just quick play spacelords. I really want to murder every toddler level (1-10) player that picks a Harec.

The game is getting annoying. I'm either dealing with low levels who don't know how to play and I can't properly communicate with them or I'm playing with high levels who are tanking missions to lower their MMR so they can have it easier as an Antagonist. And I only started playing a month and a half ago.
as someone who plays at the 40% mmr i have not ran into anyone tanking their mmr, but i do play antag to lower my mmr cuz i probably wont win

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:33:24 PM
You ever run into a high level holding onto 5 aleph ignoring mission tasks and still killing elites or being killed by elites. They usually have aleph when no one else does.  Those are usually good signs

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 11:59:45 PM
Now many of you know that when you see mentor match be given for you, you already know that you cant use the characters you wanna use because you are gonna be facing with new people who have no clue how to use their abilities nor how to interact with items. Now that's understandable an all but the real problem is that the enemies go off of your level specifically. Yes people can argue that it's a team level but we all know that it doesn't feel like it.  On top of that you have to play that mission because there's a rare blueprint on that mission and you already met the requirements, now you just need to get it. Too bad cause you failed the mission, why? Because your teammates kept on dying or kept getting you killed. Now you gotta win 3 or 2 more missions and try again. Now this not the new players fault. It's the dumb system, because a level 1 is forced to take on lvl 100 enemies. This isn't fun for the newbie or the veteran, and this is what makes veterans not wanna play with new people. I dont find space lords fun anymore. Thoughts?

How about not accepting the mission when it says mentor match...??.

I haven't been in a mentor match all week.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:02:02 AM by Jenetikz »

Richter

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 12:46:38 AM
I don't have any problem of being a mentor, they're mostly the most enjoyable games tbh

A lot of high level players I've met (by that I mean 30-50) are not really good, let's be honest, they just kill things, not pay attention to their allies, etc. But I do not and I will never rage quit because of that or anything else. I had so games that were pretty frustrating like a host with OVER NINE THOUSAND ping, that was just impossible to play, but I kept doin' what I could. If there's a new player, I'll glady help him or her, because that is our duty as veterans.

Velgeder

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 10:27:43 AM
Some mentor matches have been exquisitely  hard, others not much of an issue. I do wish there was an option to customize commands.

No Reservation... Stop sniping elites....
Same for the second half of short fused.

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:12:11 PM
Some mentor matches have been exquisitely  hard, others not much of an issue. I do wish there was an option to customize commands.

I really like the idea of new emotes or customizable ones since no one never uses the voice chat

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 07:47:01 AM

hey second half of short fused is fair game as long as you only wound em, and clearing ads

iKill

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 05:06:59 PM
Mentor match usually just means I will be playing Harec, because I'm tired of watching other trying to karate chop every one in sight (possibly loading elites with Aleph), never using Stalk, and trying to shoot from 2 meters away. Strangely i don't have issues with other things even if we fail the mission.

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2018, 03:34:10 PM
Yeah my fun has diminished greatly since I started a couple weeks ago. I spent money and really do hope they do well with the game, but these quality of life improvements cannot come soon enough.