Author Topic: mmr% punishing players  (Read 5378 times)

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
mmr% punishing players
on: May 12, 2018, 12:15:16 AM
so right now i have a mmr of 65% and the amount of time you have to wait to find an antagonist match it's ridiculous (If you're able to find one) . so the game is basically punishing you for winning matches too often?

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Re: mmr% punishing players
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:36:45 AM
I don't think it's intentionally punishing you, I just think the number of players with an MMR close to yours is kinda thin, so you're having to wait a while for four raiders with an MMR averaging close to yours to all cue up for a mission (that's how it works, yeah?). If you want to Antagonize more often, get your ass kicked a few times and drop that MMR. I'm at MMR 40 and ain't gotta wait any time at all (after 8PM Eastern). But I am starting to Antagonize less and less as I realize it's probably hurting the player base. But it's so much fun! Alas... THE GREATER GOOD!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 12:41:13 AM
Is the antagonists MMR and Raider MMR counted differently? Because I feel like when I lose intentionally at Antagonists, my MMR goes down for Raider as well. So I've worked out a balance where I play hard as Raider and throw as Antag. I often need to get affinity so I keep myself floating at about 40% to 50% which is where I want to be.

Unfortunately this is the closest thing to voluntarily controlling your difficulty. Not to mention that it just get's INSANE at 60% plus.

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:27 AM
I do not think it is counted differently. I think wins and losses from both Antagonist and Raider equally raise or lower the same MMR rating accordingly. Maybe?

derhaifisch234

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 01:35:28 AM
so far what I've seen is that both antagonist and raider matches shares the same mmr% final outcome, either one of them ends up being raised or lowered no matter which role you're playing. But it only seems to be affected when you try to find an antagonist match if your mmr is above the average because this ranking system doesn't have any problem putting you on a raiders match with 3 idiots which have to be carried for the entire game (and at least one of them end up leaving) and usually against an antagonist.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:54:08 AM by derhaifisch234 »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 04:58:24 AM
Mmr% Is shared as antag or as raider. Positive.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 10:51:25 AM
MMR helps Antags now...much more than they need it too. 

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 07:55:40 AM
I whole heartedly agree. The idea of making 'good' players wait an artificial time was extremely shortsighted and insulting to people who actually invested in the game both time and money. This needs to go... yesterday. I'm sorry but making me wait just pisses me off and makes me murder people even harder because I'm already upset over something I cannot do anything about. So yes, I deserve the win more because you can get three matches in the time it takes me to get one match! So yes, stop this now because you're ticking off your 'actual' core fan-base of players.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 10:41:29 PM
I whole heartedly agree. The idea of making 'good' players wait an artificial time was extremely shortsighted and insulting to people who actually invested in the game both time and money. This needs to go... yesterday. I'm sorry but making me wait just pisses me off and makes me murder people even harder because I'm already upset over something I cannot do anything about. So yes, I deserve the win more because you can get three matches in the time it takes me to get one match! So yes, stop this now because you're ticking off your 'actual' core fan-base of players.

Agreed 100%. It's funny when I read about high level skilled antags going easy on noobs as antag, but I will not ease up if it took me 20 minutes to get into a game. If I can end their mission in 5 minutes, imma kill them all in 5 minutes.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 12:05:20 AM
I still try to lighten up but it has never been fun waiting. I streamed for nearly 10 hours! In that time I think I managed to get three Antagonist matches... It was still a wait for a Raider match whenever I gave up but damn... It's a chief complaint since the very inception that matches simply take too long to get into... Do not make that a feature! In some of my rambling as my sanity was starting to slip I thought about how nice it would be to have bots instead of waiting for other players or to just have the game ask you if you would like to play with fewer players to get into a match quicker. Obviously, this would not solve the artificial wait we get with Antagonist but it certainly was food for thought as I sat there waiting while trying to entertain myself.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 12:07:27 AM
Godda start throwing games. Get that MMR down to 45% to 50%.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 12:13:56 AM
I'm sorry but even after sleeping all those numbers just look like Stigmas to me. Going to seek therapy for excessive streaming as I fear I developed an ulcer from it.