Author Topic: Cheater  (Read 4309 times)

maxpain

• View Profile
Cheater
on: May 06, 2018, 06:10:08 AM
Hey give us a way to kick off players
What he does is AFK the whole game then when the game is over he or she tries to win the blueprints or takes gold or rep. I've had him or she in several matches and this is something that shouldn't be allowed in the game.  If they join a game and then AFK the other 3 players should beable to kick them off.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:59:26 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Cheater
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:02:23 AM
I would like to inform you I already emailed them through the proper channels about this particular player. Purposely did not put up a thread because they prefer we not go shaming people publicly. So, they are aware but do make sure you and the three other players all report them. Believe it or not, Microsoft does follow up on this kind of behavior but not if they're not reported. This particular behavior is so the player can milk rewards without actually playing the game. Unfortunately, if we had a vote to kick it could be abused if you're a random playing with a preset group that just doesn't want you there. However, I do strongly desire a support system internally for reporting bugs and players much like Fortnite has.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:59:47 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

MetalBearRising

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 10:07:45 AM
Ran into this guy too. Super annoying. :\
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:59:55 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

AlephWeaver

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 06:08:10 PM
Yea I played my 2nd game with him today and he did it again. me and my friend intentionally failed the mission just so he couldn't get that much from it. I really think they need to make it so he cant connect to the game if he's not even going to play or even more so increase the difficulty for other players and not even help.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:00:08 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

Scolan

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:14 AM
Yeah I freaking hate that douche. But I gotta agree with Quanrian. A system like that could totally be used by a party of three to shaft some randy.

This guy just needs to have matchmaking penalties put against him.

I make sure to throw every game were in together and then I get everybody to dog pile on whatever reward he selects at the last second.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:00:23 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:15:10 PM
Hi guys,

Please do not public names of other players. Incriminate someone is something that has to be done privately, so please use the correct channel for this kind of topics: raiders_support@mercurysteam.com
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:19:45 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 12:58:22 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting it, but, as MSE_Jvela mentioned before, these kind of things should remain private. We are going to modify the thread title and removing the cheater's name, we hope you understand.

Thank you again for helping us to improve the game,

Karen
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:19:54 PM by MSE_KarenHB »

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 05:13:25 PM
So if someone does something shameful they aren't allowed to be shamed... Wouldn't that just keep them thinking whatever they're doing isn't a problem?? Why must we coddle everyone all the time?! If I screw up and don't realize it I'd very much appreciate someone letting me know. Not that this person is just screwing up but you get the idea. Stop babying babies so they can maybe grow up, eh?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 07:33:36 PM
Yeah.  Black-Listing people is a good teaching mechanism.  Like the few hackers we see.  And if we don't talk about it, we never feel like the issues have been resolved.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:42 PM
While I agree with you Trigga, I was not happy with the ruling to not name players, they have deemed it as such. So far legit cheaters (well, hackers really, that gave themselves infinite ammo, health, etc.) have been dealt with by emailing support. We had a spike of russian-named PC players a while back using hacks and I have only heard of 1 hacker since they were reported and presumably banned.

This is more of an exploit that negatively affects other players than a cheat, so I'm not sure how they will handle it, but for now it seems best to follow the rules.