Author Topic: A Word To The Wise  (Read 2256 times)

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
A Word To The Wise
on: September 30, 2018, 08:08:51 PM
Dont do mentor matches. They arent worth it. 9/10 there will be a lvl 100+ antag and its impossible to keep them from dying. Cant teach new players how to play or get them use to the base game if antags are around. All its gonna do is turn new players off when they see someone 100 levels above them. I legit almost tossed my controller across the room due to losing in the first part of the first missoin due to this very (all to common) situation.

AKABUR

• View Profile
Re: A Word To The Wise
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:23:54 PM
Dont do mentor matches. They arent worth it. 9/10 there will be a lvl 100+ antag and its impossible to keep them from dying. Cant teach new players how to play or get them use to the base game if antags are around. All its gonna do is turn new players off when they see someone 100 levels above them. I legit almost tossed my controller across the room due to losing in the first part of the first missoin due to this very (all to common) situation.

So true.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 09:56:09 PM
Well they made lower MMR difficulties easier now, let's see how that pans out first after their recent patch.

EMack114

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 07:43:01 AM
I absolutely agree.  I've spent the last few months trying to mentor players, and more times than not, the stuff blows up in my face,  This is ESPECIALLY true when I'm blueprint hunting.  Too much of this game is given to chance for me to invest in a bunch of noobs who don't know what they're doing.  I have to hope I get a blueprint on the shuffle, I have to hope it's on a reasonable stage, I have to hope an antagonist doesn't show, and if they do, that they suck, I have to hope the MMR is low enough that I can breeze through the mission to get a high score, and then I have to hope I get the blueprint.  On top of all that, you want me to play with noobs? I only do that, if I don't care about the stage; cause then, when they get on my nerves (and they mostly do), I just quit, wait 10-15 min, turn the game back on and do some homework while the counter waits me out. 

Playing with noobs has no real reward and it makes level grinding seem like a chore, and that's if you DON'T have anything riding on the mission.  This game will make you break your controller in frustration, be you vet or noob and that's no fun for anyone involved.  I just hope that they at least fix the antagonist issue; have 2 modes for Pete's sake, one where there is an antag and one where there isn't.  That way noobs can LEARN how to play before you send them into the fray with seasoned players.  If MSE doesn't that's fine; plenty of new games coming out in a few months...