Author Topic: HOARD MODE!!  (Read 3331 times)

Jenetikz

• View Profile
HOARD MODE!!
on: October 21, 2018, 06:04:09 PM
How would you guys feel about a "Hoard mode"? Raiders vs waves of the factions. 4 different areans that represent the factions with really good terrain support for the players.

Example start the mode and pick the 5th Council arena, The raiders show up in a snow-covered arena made like an underground 5th council base( Something like a Hoth Base from star wars). Start the match fight through 4 waves, Raiders using the terrain and environment for support. (Support tunnels, Electric traps, rooms/halls computers for cover. On the 5th wave a boss fight which you have to come up to to the surface and do your thing OR 2 antags!! Antags can use the terrain to their advantage trapping raiders with their teamwork. Win the round get your reward pick another arena.

IF there's not antags available there you can put a boss fight. 

It would be interesting to see that type of mode in spacelords.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:50:52 PM by Jenetikz »

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Re: HOARD MODE!!
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 07:04:58 PM
Pvper:
Why i have to sit there and wait 30 min. until the raiders start the boss fight?
Why i can't chase them from the start?
Why they have more rewards than me?

Pver:
Why put an antagonist there? just put the boss fight we dont need a antagonist there!
Why there is a antagonist on a match with low levels?
Why dont restrict the antagonist from joining a "Mentor hoard match"?

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:23:08 PM
Pvper:
Why i have to sit there and wait 30 min. until the raiders start the boss fight?

Pver:
Why put an antagonist there? just put the boss fight we dont need a antagonist there!

man your asking the same thing that's been asked every day. How about we come up with ideas for the solutions instead??

U wanna start with a straight up boss that cool. That's why I put if there no antag then have put a boss. But I wouldn't mind having antags during the waves to stop the raiders. I rather have different bosses then the bosses in the game if they were ever to create a hoard more. It's all about availability, if there are no antags around then yea have the raiders deal with the boss. If 20-25 minutes goes by and there so happens to be antags available they can join in as the bossses with another tag.

The reason why people get different rewards is that 
1.when you reach their 3 the rewards resets are every 12 hrs instead of every 24 hrs.
2. All the guns have different features on it where you can get extra gold or extra increase blueprint drops its call treasure hunter the higher it is on your gun the more you get at the end of missions.

its not that hard to read as you progress....

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:22 PM
Pvper:

Pver:

man your asking the same thing that's been asked every day. How about we come up with ideas for the solutions instead??

U wanna start with a straight up boss that cool. That's why I put if there no antag then have put a boss. But I wouldn't mind having antags during the waves to stop the raiders. I rather have different bosses then the bosses in the game if they were ever to create a hoard more. It's all about availability, if there are no antags around then yea have the raiders deal with the boss. If 20-25 minutes goes by and there so happens to be antags available they can join in as the bossses with another tag.

1.when you reach their 3 the rewards resets are every 12 hrs instead of every 24 hrs.
2. All the guns have different features on it where you can get extra gold or extra increase blueprint drops its call treasure hunter the higher it is on your gun the more you get at the end of missions.

You misunderstood my reply.

I was intending to say that people gonna reply to your post with that questions that has been asked everyday.

As for the "hoard mode"... well its something different that will give MS a lot of work to implement properlly, just like the antagonist, the mentor matches, the mmr, etc. etc.

I will rather wait until the current issues are solved, and then start working on new modes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:27:29 PM by ArnoldCat »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:12:19 AM
Any extra variety is fine by me. Just no antag or MMR scaling lets keep PvE and with standard difficulties like any sane person.

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 04:00:49 AM
1 optional antag is optional
2 mmr should not affect arena combatants
3 sounds great it definitely would breath in new life to the game but it shouldnt be implemented before the next few updates

Jenetikz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:26 AM
Pvper:

Pver:

You misunderstood my reply.

I was intending to say that people gonna reply to your post with that questions that has been asked everyday.

As for the "hoard mode"... well its something different that will give MS a lot of work to implement properlly, just like the antagonist, the mentor matches, the mmr, etc. etc.

I will rather wait until the current issues are solved, and then start working on new modes.

I hear you but we all kno MS hear our concerns and fixes will be made, but down the road it would be time to spice the game up bit maybe a cool unique capture the flag we also want to give them ideas as well to mix things up a bit.

GotteBoh

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 06:57:16 PM
Capture the flag they say! Because people don't already lose their mind over an antag in a normal game!  ;D /s

I do like the idea though. I loved ME:3 and when my friend got me into this game it was the first thing I thought of.

If people don't want an antag I think mini-bosses/bosses would be a good idea for a sub instead to keep the challenge there. Maybe different objective too, hold the point, capture the flag, etc.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
Hi guys!

As you mentioned, we are working hard to make the Spacelords Roadmap a reality while fixing issues and implementing tools through patches, but we really appreciate your feedback and ideas regarding new modes, so I'll make sure to pass them to the team.

Thank you very much! ;)