Author Topic: my thoughts on Ginebra  (Read 3809 times)

Vladpw123

• View Profile
my thoughts on Ginebra
on: November 03, 2017, 09:05:57 PM
As always sorry for broken english, i know it is kinda bad. Try read it with funny russian accent mayby it will help.
Well i played Ginebra for a while and this is my opinion for her.
First of all she is amaizing, coolest character in game, really fun to play.
Also her disign is great, really cool character, (also when she is in her human form cougar head on her back looks lika a bunny, kinda cute)
Her weapon is cool, i like how you can be creative with it. Also her Cougar for is really intresting and abbility to climb walls and traverse map is really cool.
Her bigest problem is that she is OP as ****.
I dont play her AS Antogonist(people say that she brake faces in antag mode too and i belive them)
But in Raider mode she is basical antyantogonist, i mean her crosbow can deal massive damage, and can ptentialy put antogonyst in wounded mode with 1 hit, also in her Cougar form she is almost untouchable. A lot of times when team lose all lives i just go into Cougar form and run around map like crazy untill Cortez returns with lives.
So imho how her problems could pe Solved.
Her Crosbow is too powerfull, nerf damage output.
Her Cougar form is where problems starts becouse fixing it is problem.
Some people say that her aleph meter should be visble in Cougar mode and i agrred with it.
Also i think that we need to do something with her abiility to run almost forever. I think this is how you can do it.
Lets call it Overheat mechanic. So we give Overheat meter to her Cougar form that fills when she run and start to drop when she is not moving. If meter fills up Ginebra will leave her Cougar form(probably in wounded state). Also she would need to wait for cooldown for her abbility to use cougar form.

Netzavare

• View Profile
Re: my thoughts on Ginebra
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:51 PM
I read that in a Russian accent and it totally helped lol. She is a cool character but yeah her crossbow does tons of damage and her sabertooth form has very little drawback for the utility it provides.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:01 PM
Well put, some good suggestions as well. I hope they consider these changes.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 02:55:07 AM
Solid points worth considering!

And yes, loved using the accent while reading this. Little bit jealous, my lame Boston accent isn’t nearly as cool!

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 05:07:24 PM
I dont think she is overpowered. Here is what im thinking about her:

- no Sprint
- Aggro Meter increases in normal Form
- Slow Reload
- 100 HP , She can easiely getting one shotted by Haroc and Shae and Hans is also a Problem.
- She can be defeated in Pantherform with Melee Grab

She can be Strong if she is able to hit her enemys which standing near a wall. But she isnt rly OP. Snipers and Mobility Characters can kill hermvery easy.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 05:32:22 PM

- no Sprint
- Slow Reload
- 100 HP , She can easiely getting one shotted by Haroc and Shae and Hans is also a Problem.

-None of the fifth council characters can sprint, they're bullet sponges, but she does have a movement speed skill with no CD that trivialises this slow but tanky archetype.
-Her Stress meter works like every other character when she is not in cougar form, this is not a weakness. It also doesn't address the fact that she's completely stealthed in cougar form and can easily sprint away and reach inaccessible areas.
-Her slow reload is completely nullified by her having 5 rounds before requiring a reload, and she can fire in rapid sucession. She doesn't even need her charge or wall push. This also works far too well with her ability to sprint to safety in cougar form to reload.
-Again, 100 HP is standard, only Hades characters like Hans and Lycus have 150 - but the damage reduction is far better than the flat health unless you're meleeing.
-She moves so fast in this form, you can line up a grapple very rarely, most of the time she's out of range before it hits. You'd have to pray for low latency, perfect timing, and for her to continue along her patch into your grapple range. A punch will knock her out of it, after which she can dodge - but this isn't a weakness at all, any character caught by surprise will be at a disadvantage. This isn't even considering the very buggy nature of her transform which allows her to transform and flee mid-combo.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 05:47:42 PM
I was getting one shot by Haroc and Shae a Couple of times, The defensive Stat brings nothing with getting one shotting.

I saw an Antagonist with Hans which killed the entire team in 2 Matches. Maybe he was just good withnthis character or he felt in some kind unbalanced but anyway. My first posting heremis only my personal opinion about that topic

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 10:10:04 PM
I was getting one shot by Haroc and Shae a Couple of times, The defensive Stat brings nothing with getting one shotting.

That's the strength of the snipers, but they have huge blindsides and are very vulnerable to compensate for this. They are sooo easily flanked and dealt with if you know what you're doing. This is what makes them "balanced." They also require a charge time to reach this one-shot potential.

As for Hans, well, he was considered the most obnoxious antagonist before Ginebra hit the scene, but she just blows him out of the water to be frank. Hans is definitely the strongest of the launch characters, but he doesn't break the game like Ginebra does. As I've stated numerous times now, her being the fastest, tankiest character, with wall climbing and stealth makes her gross as a raider. She just runs around, or runs and hides whenever the survive countdown starts. And I brought this up primarily as a raider player, it's frustrating playing with these Ginebras on my team.

GerCarrigan

• Gamer with Passion
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:39 PM
I got your point but what is with the weakiest characters ? I means, we speak about 1 / 2 Characters. I cant see the point where Ginebra should be overpowered. I was reading this threat multiple times. She is a strong character but balacing goes into two directions. I means Mikah as example is in my eyes underpowered i tried to play with her and i like her mechanic with using her double but... and in compare to other characters, the recast time is a way to high. Or did i miss something ? She looks melee like designed, weapon is great for melee, much HP.

However, i got your point and i accept your opinion. But i saw a lot Players which rocked the whole team as a Hans or Harec.

I saw 1 Time an Anta Mikah or Kuzmann. I think ifs a Kimd of Meta. Every Meta will change after one new Character comes. And honestly, i think the game as atm more builingproblems as nerfing one character.

Matchmaking, Ping Issues, Disconnects, Loot/Rewardsystem and a lot more. I like Ginebra cuz i like her mechanic and the idea behind the cougarform, its unique.

And Crossbow has one problem in generyl, the bolts are fired with delay and on high range you have to aim over the target. its hard to hit enemys on a wide range with the full loaded bolt with first shot.

Vladpw123

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

- no Sprint
- Slow Reload

She can be Strong if she is able to hit her enemys which standing near a wall. But she isnt rly OP. Snipers and Mobility Characters can kill hermvery easy.
Basicaly she is op becouse if she chose to play defnsivly and stay in Cougar fomr antogonist could not reach her, i mean if you have good Ginebra in a team, you basicaly cant losa aginst antogonist couze every time when you runout of lifes she can just transform in cougar form and run away.