Author Topic: Fix Blueprint Drop for Antagonist!  (Read 3243 times)

ThePunishedGhost

• View Profile
Fix Blueprint Drop for Antagonist!
on: May 14, 2018, 03:13:18 AM
I Have done nothing but play this game since I got it which was 48 hours ago. I have played Antagonist mode over 30 times and haven't gotten 1 blueprint! WTF!

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Fix Blueprint Drop for Antagonist!
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:04:57 PM
Get used to it. I would imagine the better you are and the more often you win "could" result in blueprints more often. I dont care for the antagonist role, but in my experience I have gotten mostly blue blueprints and only a single rare one. My advice would be to invest upgrade (forge) points in a weapon with the 'Treasure Hunter' stat so that you "Increase" your chances of a blueprint dropping after a match. Otherwise get used to alot of disappointing gold/faction points amounts in the 2.5 to 4k range for 20 minutes of getting punched in the face.  ;D  Let me tell you, there is no greater feeling in the gaming world than scoring a 9 or 9.5 in an antagonist/raider match and getting no blueprint to drop. Bad enough you have to share the chance among your teammates ( As a raider) but when you emerge from a particularly grueling antagonist match victorious and no blueprint  drops it feels like the biggest middlefinger ever.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:09:56 PM by XjabberwockieX »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 11:43:10 PM
Agreed... Based on the number of blueprints in the pool that can drop for antag, the drop rate is pretty bad. Not only does it take a while to get one, but then you only have a 1/8 chance of it being the one you want, compared to a 1/3 or 1/4 chance like raider missions, because the drop table is more cluttered.

I have yet to get a lichtbogen blueprint drop since Hades and I'm lvl 120. Granted, I have not tried to grind out antag matches yet.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 12:17:29 AM
Well, while I can agree with you all about this subject I think the amount of Blueprints you get is irrelevant if you cannot afford them because you don't get enough gold.

I have a good deal of blueprints, but not enough gold for them. Not only that, but many of the blue prints I have aren't worth what little gold I have, because they're for weapons that are too weak in the first place for that particular hero. So why waste the gold on something you should't use in the first place?

The next issue is the blueprint verses rising cost as your forge level goes up. I have blue prints for weapons I like and have upgraded them, then I get another blueprint for it again, BUT... who on earth would spend 39k for 2 or 3 f***ing points? So you just hold on to the blueprint, but the next problem is that the forge level cost goes up. So when you finally get a forge level high enough so that you have 10 points to spend the cost will be insane, 80k or more no doubt.... for 10 points. This in turn makes it so you cannot waste money on sh***Y weapons even more. so you get a bunch of blueprints just sitting there. And in all likelihood out of 10 blueprints you have, some for crappy weapons and some for good ones, you will only spend all your gold on ONE single blueprint in the end, because that's all you will be able to afford.

OR! I could spend MORE money on top of the $60 I already paid for the game, a price that most triple A titles cost. An additional $40 and I should have enough gold for all of it. But that means I spent $100 on a single game. So, I wait on a stack of blueprints for Forge Level to rise enough to make the increasinly high cost worth the spend on the SINGLE weapon I will spend it all on. Which means this is the only character I can play who is optimize or any good. Again, all the other characters I have are sub-optimal and a liability because I cannot afford to spend the gold to make them viable. so my effective character roster is just a small handful of characters, even though I have all the characters. It wasn't enough that I saved and bought them pre-pach (they're guns aren't upgraded, if you noticed, if you got them pre-patch, you have to spend money to upgrade even their defaults, whereas characters you purchase post-patch some with default weapons adjusted to your forge level, WHAT A RIP OFF!).

EDIT: I think a solution for this would be to divide the forge cost up by how many points you have to spend, so that if you only get one point it will be a very small fraction of the total cost, of if it's 10 points it will be equally the proportional fraction of the total cost of ALL the points. Example: if a weapons would have costed 80k gold to upgrade for ALL potential points, say 30? I dunno, I'm not that high level yet. But if it already has 24 points and you only have 6 slots available then the cost would be only like 16k since that's what 6 slots out of the 30 would cost given the 80K total cost. But paying the whole 80K for 6 points is sh**.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:31:00 AM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:28 AM
I dunno, forge level eventually caps once you reach lvl 150, so the cost increase is finite. I'm just saving my gold until that time and then I will build things in the order that I care about, since I am only like 40 levels away from that. Weapons built around forge 10-12 still work fine, and I made a couple at 18 so I could max 2 attributes. But once I hit 150, I can build weapons and never bother with changing them again, much like how blueprint acquisition used to be. I won't have he gold to build everything immediately, but I'll build in an order of what I care about.

But yes, more gold would always be welcome, or scaling rewards as our level goes up.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 12:57:39 AM
Thanks, that's good news to hear. I now have an idea in which to form my gold budget around.