Author Topic: PS4/PC account  (Read 3852 times)

flamb0yant

• View Profile
PS4/PC account
on: September 11, 2018, 09:01:13 PM
I have started playing the game on my PS4. Now there are some friends of mine who may start playing on PC. I know that the friends list is not shared, so that my question is different: if I also download the game from Steam, will I be able to sync my account with the PlayStation one? Or are the two accounts separate?

Thanks!

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Re: PS4/PC account
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:52:59 PM
I have started playing the game on my PS4. Now there are some friends of mine who may start playing on PC. I know that the friends list is not shared, so that my question is different: if I also download the game from Steam, will I be able to sync my account with the PlayStation one? Or are the two accounts separate?

Thanks!

Nope. :( Unfortunately no. Sony is very bitchy about crossplatform sync.

Hrafn

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:04:49 PM

Thanks!

If you cant sync I doubt it's on Sony if its linked to PC. Sony allows cross-play/sync with PC just not switch or xbox.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:43:44 PM

Thanks!

If you cant sync I doubt it's on Sony if its linked to PC. Sony allows cross-play/sync with PC just not switch or xbox.
Sadly this is not the case as Sony supports cross-play with PC but rarely allows for save data to be transfered from a PS4 to PC. You are welcome to play with/against PC players but you will always have to use your PS4 to do it.

Which games allow for save data to be shared across platforms? I honestly don't know of any. Does FFXIV?

Hrafn

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:22:45 PM

Thanks!

Sadly this is not the case as Sony supports cross-play with PC but rarely allows for save data to be transfered from a PS4 to PC. You are welcome to play with/against PC players but you will always have to use your PS4 to do it.

Which games allow for save data to be shared across platforms? I honestly don't know of any. Does FFXIV?

Ffxiv does