Author Topic: OK I tap out, I submit. MecurySteam you win.  (Read 7015 times)

aadkaa

• View Profile
OK I tap out, I submit. MecurySteam you win.
on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:55 PM
 So going into the 2nd week of farming for the smoking Daisy. I decide that every moment I get I’m just going to play hanging by thread. Got my team together no matter how bored and annoyed we got we kept doing hanging by thread until they found me the smoking Daisy no luck not even a coin flip.

So around 11 PM I decide the farm for the thing by myself because they all got to go to work in the morning after three missions I find a smoking Daisy but I lose it to some random dude in the coin flip. Gave me a little bit of hope at least after two weeks I finally seen the damn thing in coin flip.

Play around 6 more times. No luck so I go to sleep I wake up around 6:30 jump right back on the game start playing hanging by a thread. Still no luck. Then around 7 it happened my Antagonist ranking goes to 0. So even if I somehow get lucky enough to get the smoking daily after all this time of not being lucky enough to get it I have to wait a whole week for some timer that mercury steam feel necessary to hang over peoples head after I already bought campaigns, skins for some reason yous  have this Nazi protocol in place to let the customers know this is when you can reap the benefits of something you worked hard for and that’s exactly what his game has become Work!

One of my squad mates hates doing hanging by thread so much that he avoids playing with me sometime because he knows that’s all I’m going to want to play so I was kind of forced to play alone when I finally did see the drop after so long of waiting for it. 

Oddly enough Antagonist mode is one of my favorite features of the game. But I haven’t honestly had fun playing the game for a while because I have been working and grinding 15- 20 minutes at a time playing hanging by a thread for something that only dropped once for me in 2 weeks.

Everyone on my squad jokes that maybe I have an ex that works at Mercurysteam because the amount of times that we’ve all played that mission together it makes no sense that it’s never dropped. But seriously they downloaded the game before wardog fury came out and they obtain the smoking Daisy and other weapons before. Now most of them have all the weapons and even they noticed that the drop rates are different especially for the smoking Daisy because it is on a mission with three common drops maybe.

I feel so much resentment towards this game. It’s like a relationship you don’t want to walk away from but I’m just too stressed out from a damn video game.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Re: OK I tap out, I submit. MecurySteam you win.
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:37:08 PM
I'm surprised you still have squadmates. They must be very patient people.

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:04:30 PM
did yall lose your sets of of lives
because if you lose lives back to back your difficult rating wont be really high when you're being graded thus meaning no skins big fella

aadkaa

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:57 PM
did yall lose your sets of of lives
because if you lose lives back to back your difficult rating wont be really high when you're being graded thus meaning no skins big fella

My squad is pretty good we have made it through that mission only dying once. And never losing all our lives if an anatgonisi was present. I don’t think the scoring system matter cause the aura Mortis drops no matter what or nothing.

aadkaa

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 08:25:38 PM
I'm surprised you still have squadmates. They must be very patient people.

Yeah they are pretty cool people. And we all pretty much enjoy the game. But have they are trying to convince me to keep try only for us to come up empty handed. But I’m done. This is to much.

k9unit1987

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:49 AM
Fuck this game dude! I was going to get into it but after reading so many of these negative post. I think ill pass. I tried the 1st mission, was fun. But I don't have that kind time on my hands at all. Play Overwatch, or Warframe. Both drop rates are better. And there isn't this timer you speak of to use items. Don't waste anymore money. Sometimes you just have to admit you got burned and move on. Seems this developer doesn't care either way.

aadkaa

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 07:51:14 PM
Fuck this game dude! I was going to get into it but after reading so many of these negative post. I think ill pass. I tried the 1st mission, was fun. But I don't have that kind time on my hands at all. Play Overwatch, or Warframe. Both drop rates are better. And there isn't this timer you speak of to use items. Don't waste anymore money. Sometimes you just have to admit you got burned and move on. Seems this developer doesn't care either way.

Its honestly a fun game. So it’s hard to just stop playing and they are trying it feels like. But I have posted multiple times about this issue and emailed these guys with no response. And I’m not even complaining about the money. I can farm for characters but the weapon drop rate and having to wait a week for Antagonist rating blows.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 04:32:11 PM
Just my opinion but you sound purely burnt out on account of grinding. This game absolutely does have a grind in it and it can definitely burn you out. It's not as if I believe you're in the minority either as I see a lot of people doing it. Unfortunately, when they don't get the reward they want they tend to get extremely upset at pretty much everything and everybody. I see way too many of these rants and honestly we're talking about luck versus time and that's never going to add up well.

I research my games intensely including those you listed and they have all absolutely come under fire. Warframe especially, received intense criticism at various junctures of its development and that did include aspects related to grinding. However, these kinds of things get buried with time and what you notice now is growing pains for a still developing game. People are going to get angry and frustrated and demand things immediately and when they don't get them they will rant. However, this doesn't seem to change the fact people pouring out negativity seem to think they are helping the game's development and your reaction is a perfect example of how they are 'not' helping.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:48:05 PM by Quanrian »

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 05:02:32 PM
Hi guys!

We've been monitoring drop rates for the last several weeks but haven't found any issue: blueprints are dropping as expected, people are getting them and building them.
Some of these weapons have been moved between levels, like Smoking Daisy, but their individual drop rates have remained the same as pre-Wardog Fury.

Keep in mind that Smoking Daisy is among the rarest weapons, so it's hard to see its blueprint dropping. That, in addition to other very common weapons in the same level, may feel like it's impossible to get. We'll keep monitoring their drop rates and tweaking them to improve the experience.

It's true that better scoring at the end of the level improves the chances of finding a blueprint so I'm sure you will, eventually, find it and enjoy playing with it :)

Keep in mind that we're working to improve the system so blueprints are more interesting and more common than nowadays. Bad thing is... it takes time. We're trying to make the game better with these changes but having everything in place is a slow process.

As always, remember you've got MSE_Karen to help you get the feedback through. Don't hesitate to send a message or write an e-mail to raiders_support@mercurysteam.com to discuss these issues, and don't give up if the reply takes time. You're what helps us improve the game!

Thank you!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
I might represent a small part of the community but I appreciate the work the development team has put forth. It's harder for newer entrants to see but progress 'has' been made and it's a lot quicker than I could have hoped for. For that, thank you and please keep working hard despite the harsh words some might have because not everyone feels that way. Some are still going to enjoy the game for what it is and will become.

OutlawSiamang21

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 02:41:12 PM
Man if smoking has you burnt lichtbogen and light pulse will make you eye gouge lol. THE GRIND IS REAL. Jokes aside, the grind is an awesome part. I've had my crew of friends I made through this game help me get two weapons I wanted and it was exhausting. The reward of it though is absolutely awesome though. I have learned how to tank and carry with a Shae through all my grinding. Antag isn't even bad to maintain, a few matches a week and you can maintain rank with no worries. These guys have done grade a effort in the game. Keep at it and if you still need that bp hit me up when I'm on and I'll help.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 06:27:53 PM
The only problem is that you have to be rank 8. It's a barrier for those of us who are not PvPers by nature and loath playing as Antag. I wish they would lower the rank requirement, I'm currently 7 antag.

Victorray

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:05 PM
Unfortunately they intend for the game to be this grindy. It's their way of slowing down progression. But unfortunately it makes for some infuriating moments. If you don't have a squad then the queues are nice and meaty, and if by some miracle you get THE weapon drop, let alone a weapon to drop then you have to fight over it with 4 other people. They won't fix the good situation either since it makes them money. If gold was easy to come by then there would be no reason to pay for their currency except for cosmetics and let's be real, people care way more about cool new characters than they do skins. I love this game, I do. But there will always be a part of me that's bitter that they made it so grindy and so that gold is so enticing to buy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 06:05:22 AM
If gold was easy to come by then there would be no reason to pay for their currency except for cosmetics and let's be real, people care way more about cool new characters than they do skins. I love this game, I do. But there will always be a part of me that's bitter that they made it so grindy and so that gold is so enticing to buy.

I will never patronize a mechnaic that exists solely to relive the player of the stress of a grind. It's literally the definition of racketeering.... create an artificial situation where a person is enticed to pay money for a service that is meant to fix the problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Progression and gold collection is so slow, so MS points are put in as a way for someone to pay money to trade for gold. If gold came at a reasonable rate, you're right, there would be no reason to trade for gold except for the most impatient of players.

And I would definitely pay for reasonably priced skins, I love looking different and cool in any game with character customization. But I'm still waiting on changes that make in-game progression reasonable before I buy any points, and some of the skins are still a joke of a price. And I have seen more than 1 occasion where the devs respond by saying "it's just cosmetic so the price won't change". Which is a BS argument, as I explained at length in my first post on the forums (and was the whole reason I signed up here).

I have no problem spending money on plat for Warframe because that game does not have an agonizing grind that gives pay2play as a relief option.... so, I'm enticed to pay because it's a good product that feels worthwhile to buy. Should I spend $80 on ONE GINEBRA skin, or $80 on prime access which gives me a tooooooooooon of stuff? Plat is offered if you want it, MS points are offered to make your misery go away. People say warframe is a grind, but it also has a massive amount of content, so you grind a little to get something but there's like 1000 things to build. Raiders has very little content, with a huge grind to get any of it. I don't mind the lack of content on a game in its infancy, but the idea that you need to play hundreds of hours to get 6 characters is still mind-boggling. Do they test play their own game with the same handicaps as a regular player??
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:11:53 AM by LordDraco3 »