Author Topic: Aequilibrium needs to be thought out better imo.  (Read 6995 times)

puffy99

• View Profile
Aequilibrium needs to be thought out better imo.
on: April 17, 2018, 10:22:44 PM
I find this whole balance thing confusing and as a new player not really needed. Why don't you just have modifiers the rotate on a hourly or daily basis rather than this obscure formula where i guess you just want more people to play as Anatag? That coupled with when or how your builds can switch back to A vs R is not noob friendly and doesn't make sense to me.
You have the prints, money and XP you should be able to build it.  Rewards or modifiers for playing as Antag should be totally different based on what you want to accomplish as a game dev and not tied to whatever the population is doing at that moment. And certainly should not be tied to  builds because you have been Raiding all day. 

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Aequilibrium needs to be thought out better imo.
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 10:32:37 PM
If you hover the cursor over your XP bar in the top left, it will give you a full breakdown of exactly what kind and how much xp is needed to level up as raider or antagonist. It's about as clear as it can get, in that regard, but if you want the short and sweet: if 20% of your XP to level is as an antagonist, you level up as antagonist.

Aequilibrium moves every time someone in your randomly generated list of players levels up. Leveling as a raider moves it to the left, leveling as an antag moves it to the right. Seems simple to me, but I am not sure how you get grouped up, as my grouping has changed some times.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 11:11:52 PM
What is the point of either A or R leveling other than being able to build A or R blueprint? If that is the only reason (to put a barrier in place to get that weapon leveled/build) it seems dumb.

If they want good vs bad then they should build out a good vs bad tree per character and you can play either or. Modifiers and bonuses should not be tied to good/bad - A vs R. It should be performance based on skill level based on the team vs solo or team vs bots/bosses/stages.
If i am missing something please let me know. First time i have seen such a progression system.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:27 AM
It is not just for blueprints, but also for cards. This helps cut the number of possible cards that you can draw, which effectively increases your chances for drawing a certain card you want. Drawing is still obnoxious with the different XP cards counting as different cards (so I have drawn all 4 the same card, some times...), but cutting out half the deck when I just want to pull a Closed System is still very helpful.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:04:19 AM
Walling off weapons to either A or R dosn't make much sense though, I will agree. At the same time it's not that difficult to switch it, and I just take that time to ponder what cards I want to draw for if I have enough points saved up.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37:39 AM
The game is fun- the art, the graphics, language and most of the characters are top notch and somewhat unique. I think the leveling system A vs R should be junked. I have played as the Antagonist sometimes to try and raise my A level/build something since playing as a raider brought me down to almost zero xp bonus with my particular team/group but if you lose as A you basically get zip and some obnoxious tool to boot commenting that you can't fast forward out of. It's a pretty negative reward system overall, the way they have it setup.

They just need leveling trees under each character with A vs R tendencies and weapon modifiers/graphics/effects- just use common XP like every other game out there and you can partition it out as you see fit. Calculate XP and rewards based on team and individual play vs AI or player level and reward much more fairly Antagonists against teams to get people to play it more and conversely if you have a level 50 A against a bunch of noobs that calculation should be better evaluated.
Also what is the point of $30 skins if they don't add any performance to the character? If you want to charge something fine, but they should have unique effects and modifiers, not just a different colored bikini. This game is edgy fun, but very rough in some places and at the worst downright weird in how they do some things. IMO the rng and leveling/build system needs to be revamped #1.
Also if you get a disconnect just as a Antagonist jumps in that is basically crap and should not be allowed. You should have the option to requeue or kick the Antagonist out.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:40:54 AM by puffy99 »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:56 AM

Also what is the point of $30 skins if they don't add any performance to the character? If you want to charge something fine, but they should have unique effects and modifiers, not just a different colored bikini.

So, you want some Pay To Win mechanics in the game?  :o

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 04:46:37 PM
well of course that is better than a cosmetic only thing that is way overpriced.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 05:11:05 PM
well of course that is better than a cosmetic only thing that is way overpriced.
So, then every player is forced to buy that stuff, because otherwise he/she has no chance to compete anymore!? You heared something about Battlefront 2 (The Beta version with all the shady pay to win mechanics implemented), I doubt that this is what the majority wants.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 05:18:36 PM
Look- the cosmetic thing is a minor issue in my post compared to the larger issue of A/R, leveling, blueprints, how the tree seems like an afterthought etc,  what are they really trying to accomplish with this A vs R, humans vs raiders contsruct etc. Did they intend for it to be 4 v4? You can relax now.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:14 PM

No

Did they intend for it to be 4 v4?

Also no.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_video_game#Asymmetrical_gameplay

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 08:14:58 PM
I think the gaming community has all learned a valuable lesson from the EA debacle. Let's not repeat another pay to win situation.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 08:27:28 PM

Also what is the point of $30 skins if they don't add any performance to the character? If you want to charge something fine, but they should have unique effects and modifiers, not just a different colored bikini.

So, you want some Pay To Win mechanics in the game?  :o

The skins have the intention to kick butt in an exclusive fashion way.